Love Live! School Idol Project Review

Spoilers !!! Because I suck.



Before we start, this is more of a discussion than a review. After all, Love Live! is one of those animes I have no idea how to review, mostly because I feel so neutral towards it. The only reason why I typed this anime into the search bar in the first place was because I found out that my friend would be cosplaying Umi during Comic Fiesta in December. I thought it would be nice if I could get an insight into how her character is like. Although there was nothing I particularly liked about this anime, I definitely did not dislike it either. Okay, maybe saying there was nothing I liked about it isn't being fair to it. There are still a few things worth mentioning.


Firstly, I liked how Love Live didn't happen. I thought I had the whole plot figured out. First they recruit all the members as shown during the opening theme (which they did, the OP is a large spoiler by itself), they practice hard (done that too), join Love Live (did not), then miraculously beat A-RISE and win the competition (also did not). However, this anime was lucky it made enough money to get a second season. Without a second season showing them entering another round of Love Live, the ending to season 1 would have been almost unacceptable. They just cannot stop right there.

Joining Love Live is the ultimate goal; not because I want them to win, but because one single competition holds so much of potential. You can introduce some conflict (between groups or within Muse itself), a bunch of new songs and choreography, and members of other teams (which will hopefully include some arrogant bitches just for a taste of drama).

Secondly, I liked how they had equal number of first-years, second-years, and third-years. I have not chosen a favourite yet, but it will most probably be between Maki and Hanayo. Or both. Don't make me choose. No one needs to get hurt.

 ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦

 Overall rating: 4/10

.............Aaaaand I guess that's it. I honestly have nothing much to say. I'm so awful at this that I can make my lamp cry. I don't even know why I decided to write this down. One quick question though, was this supposed to be a fanservice for male fans?

By the way! Eli looks a lot like Kaori from Your Lie in April.





Eli from Love Live!



Kaori from Your Lie In April






Till then, see ya next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extraordinary You (2019) Review

The Platform (2019) Review

Yours, Lan Zhan