Sakura Trick Ep 1: FIRST IMPRESSION

Here's how it started. I liked Yaoi, so I thought I might enjoy Yuri too. And since this is one of the most famous ones around, I thought why not give it a try?

I did.  Didn't really like it.



To start off, the two main characters, Haruka and Yuu, are way too underdeveloped for my taste. Considering how terrifyingly new I am to this genre,  I'm in no position to speak. However, as a girl who has liked other girls, this was definitely not how girl love looked nor felt like to me.

The two mains did not seem to share romantic feelings for each other, but rather an extremely strong friendship accompanied by a lot of skinship. Homosexuality is a tricky theme to deal with and I want it to be portrayed in the right light, not as a form of fanservice. The amount of fanservice in just the first episode itself can be a turn-off for some people.  There were several close-ups on Haruka's D-cup boobs, which I have no problems with because boobs are great, but they were during unnecessary moments.

Any relationship should be between two mature individuals with solid personalities, so two giggly girls who kissed before showing sufficient chemistry just didn't make the cut for me.

However, the animation for the first kiss was pretty good. I almost changed my mind about the anime because the visuals were good (flying sakura petals,  always does the trick)(HAHA, see what I did there), and the music was right.


In addition, although Haruka and Yuu might not be my kind of ship, another ship in the story had my slight attention.

That being said,  I doubt I would go any further than this episode. However,  I am pretty interested in Josei Yuri so please recommend me some!

Since this is a first impression post, it's much shorter than usual and ratings will not be given. Give it a try and see if you like it; I could be completely wrong about this anime,  like I am about a lot of things, such as exam questions.

Till next time! Ja, mata!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extraordinary You (2019) Review

The Platform (2019) Review

Yours, Lan Zhan